Position | Marriage/Relationship Facilitator (Contract Position)
Program | Empowering Families Project (EFP)
Reports to | David Sierra, EFP Associate Director
Who Are We | At The Parenting Center, we understand and appreciate that every family can use a helping hand, regardless of education, socioeconomic status, or what the term “family” means. We provide services to meet the ever-changing needs of children, teens, couples and families alike throughout that journey. We believe that creating confident, skilled, strong families directly strengthens a community. The Empowering Families Project (EFP) is a free healthy relationship and financial empowerment program for couples. EFP supports couples to achieve family, career, and financial goals for a stronger, happier future.
- We are a highly collaborative, goal-oriented team that is passionate about serving our families well.
- We foster an environment of family and employee empowerment.
- We’re going to be upfront – the way we serve doesn’t suit everyone. If you’re a go getter with a passion for positively impacting the lives of families, we could be #CoupleGoals!
Summary | The Marriage/Relationship Facilitator provides dynamic and engaging workshops to adults on topics related to relationships and parenting. You must be able to provide high-quality workshops with fidelity to the evidence-based curriculum either online or in-person in Fort Worth, TX.
Responsibilities and Duties |
- Teach 6 to 8-week workshops to adult couples in a way that engages participants and encourages them to complete their program fully.
- Establish strong rapport with participants both by interactions before and after class as well as skillful facilitation during class, including when sensitive topics are discussed.
- Ensure accurate attendance records and help set up and tear down for each workshop. May include setting up computer, distributing materials, wiping down tables, or other needs.
- Attend and participate in trainings and meetings, sometimes online and sometimes in-person. (Your time is paid for such meetings.)
- Maintain confidentiality regarding agency and client business.
Requirements | BA/BS degree required. MA/MS in human service field preferred. Bilingual preferred. Must be able to pass a background check.
Experience | Two years experience presenting or facilitating. Preferred experience in providing relationship education and in using the following curricula: Family Wellness or PREP. The program will train in necessary curricula.
Salary/ Compensation Package | This is a contract position. $150 per 3-hour class taught (plus set-up and tear-down before/after class), in a series of 6-8 weekly sessions ($900-$1,200 per series).
Submission Instructions | Please submit your resume and cover letter by emailing David Sierra (firstname.lastname@example.org). Include “Marriage/Relationship Facilitator” in the subject line. Submissions considered on a rolling basis until position is filled.