Position | Empowering Students Educator
Program | Empowering Students Project
Reports to | Associate Director, Youth & Parenting Education
Who Are We | At The Parenting Center, we understand and appreciate that every family can use a helping hand, regardless of education, socioeconomic status, or what the term “family” means. We provide services to meet the ever-changing needs of children, teens, couples and families alike throughout that journey. We believe that creating confident, skilled, strong families directly strengthens a community. The Empowering Students Project (ESP) is a free healthy relationship education program for teens and young adults. ESP seeks to empower youth to make responsible, well-educated decisions in their social and romantic relationships, as well as realize the goals they have for their own lives.
Summary | The Empowering Students Project (ESP) Educator encourages, motivates, and provides information to high-school aged students. ESP provides comprehensive trauma-informed, research-based, data-driven services to improve youth relationship skills, understanding of the value of marriage, and improved budgeting skills. The target population to be served includes high-school aged youth in Tarrant County (TCo). This position includes occasional opportunity to attend evidence-based trainings, participate in local committees/coalitions that align with The Parenting Center mission, and assist in outcome evaluation.
Responsibilities and Duties |
- Coordinate with schools under direction of Associate Director to schedule workshops, enroll youth, provide teachers with support and connection to community services, and comply with data collection requirements.
- Prepare for classes by reviewing materials and curriculum.
- Present relationship education to groups with excellent facilitation skills to keep high level of engagement of students, with fidelity to curriculum.
- Administer internet-based surveys with students and ensure quality data collection.
- Deliver incentives to students in accordance with agency protocol.
- Represent the agency at community events and meetings.
Requirements | Bachelors Degree, a valid Texas driver’s license, own transportation with auto liability insurance, ability to work some nights and weekends
- Knowledge of child development and child abuse prevention strategies.
- Knowledge of teen development and healthy teen relationships.
- Must have public speaking and group facilitation abilities.
- Must be able to relate to teenagers from culturally diverse backgrounds.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality regarding clients and agency business.
- Must have own reliable transportation, liability insurance, and a valid Texas driver’s license.
Salary/ Compensation Package | On top of your $43,000 annual salary, your benefits will include PTO, various health insurance plans to choose from, HSA options, 401k (matched up to 5% of salary), and flex work environment. Through our HR partner, you can access the Employee Assistance Program, Educational Assistance Program, online access to professional development trainings, and a marketplace with discounts on travel, stores, restaurants and more.
Submission Instructions | Please submit your resume and cover letter to Kat Fahrenthold at firstname.lastname@example.org. Include “Empowering Students Educator” in the subject line. Only electronic submissions will be accepted.
Submission Deadline | Thursday, August 31, 2023