Position | Youth Educator, ESP (Full-Time)
Program | Empowering Students Project
Reports to | Empowering Students Project Director
Summary | To teach, both in-person and/or virtually, healthy relationship classes to high school students and to develop and maintain positive relationships with school personnel. The Youth Educator (YEd) encourages, motivates, and provides information to students. The Empowering Students Project (ESP) will provide comprehensive trauma-informed, research-based, data-driven services to improve youth relationship skills, understanding of the value of marriage, and improved budgeting skills. The YEd will also be trained in Individualized Financial Education Support (to assist students with learning to budget). The target population to be served includes youth high-school aged youth in Tarrant County (TCo). There will be a special emphasis on recruiting youth who are attending alternative high schools. YEds will also be involved in other recruitment and outreach activities, and in data collection. Position includes occasional opportunity to attend evidence-based trainings, participate in local committees/coalitions that align with The Parenting Center mission, and assist in outcome evaluation.
Responsibilities and Duties |
- Coordinate with schools under direction of Project Director to schedule workshops, enroll youth, provide teachers with support and connection to community services, and comply with data collection requirements.
- Education Activities: Prepare for classes by reviewing materials and curriculum. Present relationship education to groups with excellent facilitation skills to keep high level of engagement of students, with fidelity to curriculum. Administer internet-based surveys with students and ensure quality data collection. Deliver incentives to students in accordance with agency protocol.
- Represent agency at community events and meetings.
Requirements | Bachelors Degree
Experience | One year of related experience.
Job Skills/ Qualifications:
- Knowledge or experience in public school teaching.
- Knowledge of child development and and child abuse prevention strategies.
- Knowledge of teen development and healthy teen relationships.
- Must have public speaking and group facilitation abilities.
- Must be able to relate to teenagers from culturally diverse backgrounds.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality regarding clients and agency business
- Must have own reliable transportation, liability insurance, and a valid Texas driver’s license.
Salary | $40,000 – $42,000, contingent upon experience and qualifications, 401k w/ 5% company match.
Please submit your resume and a cover letter to Steve Neal at email@example.com. Include “Bilingual Therapist Applicant” in the subject line.
Electronic submissions only.