Position | Empowering Students Educator (Full-Time)
Program | Empowering Students Project
Reports to | Empowering Students Project Director
Summary | The Empowering Students Project (ESP) Educator encourages, motivates, and provides information to high-school aged students. The ESP provides comprehensive trauma-informed, research-based, data-driven services to improve youth relationship skills, understanding of the value of marriage, and improved budgeting skills. The target population to be served includes high-school aged youth in Tarrant County (TCo). This position includes occasional opportunity to attend evidence-based trainings, participate in local committees/coalitions that align with The Parenting Center mission, and assist in outcome evaluation.
Responsibilities and Duties |
- Coordinate with schools under direction of Project Director to schedule workshops, enroll youth, provide teachers with support and connection to community services, and comply with data collection requirements.
- Prepare for classes by reviewing materials and curriculum.
- Present relationship education to groups with excellent facilitation skills to keep high level of engagement of students, with fidelity to curriculum.
- Administer internet-based surveys with students and ensure quality data collection.
- Deliver incentives to students in accordance with agency protocol.
- Represent agency at community events and meetings.
Requirements | Bachelors Degree
Experience | One year of related experience.
- Knowledge of child development and and child abuse prevention strategies.
- Knowledge of teen development and healthy teen relationships.
- Must have public speaking and group facilitation abilities.
- Must be able to relate to teenagers from culturally diverse backgrounds.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality regarding clients and agency business
- Must have own reliable transportation, liability insurance, and a valid Texas driver’s license.
Salary/ Compensation Package | $41,000, 401k 5% matching. Flex schedule and work location. 10 paid holidays per year with 1 floating holiday. Generous PTO.
Submission Instructions | Please submit your resume and cover letter to Kat Fahrenthold at firstname.lastname@example.org. Include “Empowering Students Educator” in the subject line. Only electronic submissions will be accepted.
Submission Deadline | Tuesday, February 28, 2023