Position | Family Support Specialist (Full-time)
Program | Empowering Families Project (EFP)
Reports to | David Sierra, Program Manager
Who Are We | At The Parenting Center, we understand and appreciate that every family can use a helping hand, regardless of education, socioeconomic status, or what the term “family” means. We provide services to meet the ever-changing needs of children, teens, couples and families alike throughout that journey. We believe that creating confident, skilled, strong families directly strengthens a community. The Empowering Families Project (EFP) is a free healthy relationship and financial empowerment program for couples. EFP supports couples to achieve family, career, and financial goals for a stronger, happier future.
- We are a highly collaborative, goal-oriented team that is passionate about serving our families well.
- We foster an environment of family and employee empowerment.
- We’re going to be upfront – the way we serve doesn’t suit everyone. If you’re a go getter with a passion for positively impacting the lives of families, we could be #CoupleGoals!
Summary | The Family Support Specialist will be responsible for case management services. This includes, but is not limited to, scheduling and completing intake appointments, assessing client needs and objectives, developing individualized case management plans, identifying and reducing client barriers, continual follow-up with clients to ensure participation in program services, providing referrals, and documenting all activities.
Day to Day Functions |
- Conduct intake assessments and provide case management to couples enrolled in EFP.
- Respond to potential participant inquiries, establish participant eligibility, coordinate and complete enrollment documentation.
- Assist with recruitment and retention efforts, occasionally on evenings/weekends.
- Coordinate with partner agencies providing financial and career coaching using the Working Family Success model.
- Demonstrate cultural competency and cultural humility while working with diverse families.
- Participate in regular program meetings, supervision, trainings, committees, and will be expected to follow all policies for the agency and the EFP, including federal grant guidelines.
- Typical schedule of 8:30-5pm 3 days a week, with 2 late days during the week.
Requirements | Bachelor’s degree in human service field required; Must have own transportation, a valid Texas driver’s license, and auto liability insurance.
Experience | One-year of experience in human service or related field with case management required. One-year experience of working with individuals from diverse backgrounds (including low-income populations) preferred.
Salary/ Compensation Package | On top of your $40,000 – 42,000 annual salary, your benefits will include PTO, various health insurance plans to choose from, HSA options, 401k (matched up to 5% of salary), and flex work environment. Through our HR partner, you can access the Employee Assistance Program, Educational Assistance Program, online access to professional development trainings, and a marketplace with discounts on travel, stores, restaurants and more.
Submission Instructions | Please submit your resume and cover letter to David Sierra at email@example.com. Include “Family Support Specialist” in the subject line. Submissions considered on a rolling basis until position is filled.