Position | Bilingual Family Support Specialist
Program | Empowering Families Project (EFP)
Every family faces challenges. From bills to communication skills, to raising healthy, resilient children, we all need help to make our families stronger. If your passion is helping families thrive, consider joining the Empowering Families Project, a dynamic, healthy relationship program.
Summary | Under the direct supervision of the Project Director, the Bilingual Family Support Specialist will be responsible for all case management services. This includes (but is not limited to): scheduling and completing intake appointments, assessing client needs and objectives, developing individualized case management plans, identifying and reducing client barriers, continual follow-up with clients to ensure client participation in program services, providing referrals to other agencies within the community, and documenting service contacts. They will respond to potential participant inquiries, establish participant eligibility, coordinate and complete enrollment paperwork, and conduct intake assessments with clients. They will also assist with recruitment and retention efforts as needed. Family Support Specialists will also be expected to participate in regular program meetings, supervision, and other trainings (e.g., domestic violence, child maltreatment, etc.). They will also be expected to follow all policies for the agency and the Empowering Families Program, including federal grant guidelines.
Requirements | BA/BS degree required in human service field. Bilingual English/Spanish required.
Experience | One year experience in case management working with individuals from diverse backgrounds (including low-income populations).
Partial List of Skills and Qualifications:
- Knowledge or experience in social services and marriage and/or parent education
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work under pressure and with deadlines
- Ability to organize work and prioritize duties
- Experience working with individuals from diverse backgrounds and knowledge of cultural competency
- Ability to maintain a positive relationship with program staff and community
- Must have own transportation, a valid Texas driver’s license, and auto liability insurance
- Computer skills in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality regarding client and agency business
- Must be able to pass a background check
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, as needed, including some nights and weekends
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) required
Work Hours | Full-time with ability to work evenings and weekends. Saturdays frequently, but not always, required.
Salary | Negotiable
Please submit resumes to Stephanie Warren at email@example.com. Include cover letter, salary requirements and specify the position for which you are applying.