Program: Family Life
Reports to: Senior Program and Family Life Director
Summary: To encourage, motivate, and provide information to parents and caregivers in order to enhance positive parenting skills. To help parents identify and reduce behavior which might lead to child abuse. Position teaches classes, workshops or seminars to adult groups at The Parenting Center, online, and other community locations. Educator must be available to teach workshops two evenings per week and occasional Saturdays. Assist with paperwork, curriculum development, and class facilitation.
Requirements: Bachelors Degree in human services field (counseling, sociology, psychology, social work or related. Bilingual (Spanish/English).
Experience: Minimum of year related experience in a human services field. Years’ experience can be substituted for degree and/or certification in TBRI ® , Parent Café, Nurturing Parenting Program, or Triple P.
Job Skills/ Qualifications:
- Knowledge or experience in public school teaching
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and with deadlines.
- Ability to organize work and prioritize duties.
- Maintain accurate documentation.
- Computer skills in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Experience working with individuals from diverse backgrounds and knowledge of cultural competency.
- Knowledge of normal child growth and development and parent-child relationships.
- Must have own reliable transportation, liability insurance, and a valid Texas driver’s license.
- Able to travel throughout assigned region.
- Ability to maintain a positive relationship between program staff, clients, community.
Hours : Full-time with ability to work 2 to 3 evenings a week and occasional weekend time. Schedule will need to be flexible in order to meet the needs of clients.
Salary : Negotiable
Please submit resume and cover letter to Kathryn Thalken at email@example.com. Include salary requirements and specify the position for which you are applying.
Electronic submissions only.