Position | Assistant Director of Development and Marketing
Program | Development and Marketing
Reports to | Director of Development and Marketing
Who Are We | At The Parenting Center, we understand and appreciate that every family can use a helping hand, regardless of education, socioeconomic status, or what the term “family” means. We provide services to meet the ever-changing needs of children, teens, couples and families alike throughout that journey. We believe that creating confident, skilled, strong families directly strengthens a community.
• We are a highly collaborative, goal-oriented team that is passionate about serving our families well.
• We foster an environment of family and employee empowerment.
• We’re going to be upfront – the way we serve doesn’t suit everyone. If you’re a go getter with a passion for positively impacting the lives of families, we could be #TeamGoals!
Summary | Support the mission of The Parenting Center in achieving identified fundraising goals, while also helping the agency to foster positive relationships through strategic marketing, communication, and public relations activities.
Day to Day Functions | Follow all agency policies and procedures and all professional codes of ethics.
- Fundraising | Assist the Director of Development and Marketing with all aspects of fundraising:
• Collaborate with Director of Development and Marketing to cultivate, solicit, and steward donors to meet annual fundraising goals
• Co-lead the planning, implementation and successful execution of annual events
• Co-lead event planning committees for annual and other fundraising events
• Assist in the creation of impactful and meaningful content for annual appeals and campaigns that promote the agency’s funding needs
• Manage annual special appeals including North Texas Giving Day and Giving Tuesday
• Work closely with Director of Development and Marketing to create communication for high-priority, agency-wide initiatives and programs
• Create and distribute monthly e-newsletter
• Manage the agency’s gift processing, receipting and acknowledgement process; manage donor database
• Work closely with Director of Development and Marketing to ensure the integrity of donor data and gift substantiation
- Communications/ Public Relations | Promote all aspects of the agency through various forms of communication and media
• Develop and maintain contacts and relationships with local media
• Prepare and distribute agency press releases as needed
- Marketing | Develop, oversee and collaborate with Director of Development and Marketing to strategically market agency services and offerings
• Create and update original agency content and collateral to ensure alignment with brand standards.
• Assist in the implementation of integrated agency marketing strategy
• Manage the creation and coordination of major print and digital marketing materials – including but not limited to the annual report, brochures, quarterly service guide, agency website, social media, and other digital media.
- Other Duties | Assist in the implementation of agency strategic plan pertaining to fundraising and PR/Marketing under the direction and guidance of the Director of Development and Marketing
• Other specific activities delegated or assigned by the Director of Development and Marketing
Requirements | Bachelor’s Degree. Must have own transportation, a valid Texas driver’s license and auto liability insurance
Experience | Minimum of two years related experience in non-profit direct fundraising, marketing, public relations or special events.
Salary/ Compensation Package | On top of your $50-55,000 annual salary, your benefits will include PTO, various health insurance [plans to choose from, HSA options, 401k (matched up to 5% of salary), and flex work environment. Through our HR partner, you can access the Employee Assistance Program, Educational Assistance Program, online access to professional development trainings, and a marketplace with discounts on travel, stores, restaurants and more.
Submission Instructions | Please submit your resume and cover letter to Erika Jobe at firstname.lastname@example.org. Include “Assistant Director of Development and Marketing” in the subject line. Only electronic submissions will be accepted.
Submission Deadline | April 30, 2023