Position: Bilingual Parent Educator (part-time, as needed)
Program: HOPES III (Healthy Outcomes Prevention and Early Support Program III)
Requirements: Bachelor degree in human service field (counseling, sociology, psychology, social work or related); Bilingual-Spanish/English required.
Experience: Experience with children and culturally diverse families, along with experience in a home visitation program and leading parent workshops. Minimum of 1 year direct experience in a human services field. Years’ experience can be substituted for degree and/or certification in TBRI®, Parent Café, Nurturing Parenting Program, or Triple P.
Job Summary: The Bilingual Parent Educator will provide weekly home visiting services and lead parent education group classes, utilizing the TBRI® (Trust-Based Relational Intervention) and Parent Café curricula, to teach parents about creating healthy attachments, address physical needs and learn how to correct behavior that creates healthy parent-child interactions. The target families for this project will have at least one child between the ages of birth and five years of age. The position also requires the administration of the ASQ, other surveys and data management, along with satisfaction surveys, participate in program meetings and other trainings. Follow all policies for the agency and for the program, including state grant guidelines. Educators will serve participants in Tarrant, Johnson, Ellis, and Denton counties.
Partial List of Qualifications/Skills:
- Proficient oral and written skills in English and Spanish.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and with deadlines.
- Ability to organize work and prioritize duties.
- Maintain accurate documentation
- Computer skills in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Experience working with individuals from diverse backgrounds and knowledge of cultural competency.
- Knowledge of normal child growth and development and parent-child relationships.
- Must have own reliable transportation, liability insurance, and a valid Texas driver’s license.
- Able to travel throughout assigned region.
- Ability to maintain a positive relationship between program staff, clients, community.
Hours: Part-time with ability to work 2 to 3 evenings a week and occasional weekend time. Schedule will need to be flexible to meet the needs of the clients.
Please include cover letter, salary requirements, and specify the position for which you are applying.
Submit Resume to:
Jessica Seidel, Program Director
The Parenting Center
2928 West Fifth St.
Fort Worth, Texas 76107
Electronic submissions only