Program: Empowering Families Project
Position: Outreach Specialist
Summary: Every family faces challenges. From bills to communication skills, to raising healthy, thriving children we all need help to make our families stronger. If your passion is helping families thrive, consider joining the Empowering Families Project, a dynamic, federal grant-funded healthy marriage program and research project.
Under the direct supervision of the Project Director, the Empowering Families Outreach Specialist will be responsible for recruiting couples into the program. They will be responsible for implementing the recruitment plan and bringing eligible couples in for intake and enrollment. This may include but is not limited to: direct recruitment of potential couples, developing and maintaining community-based organization referral systems, follow-up calls in order to schedule intake appointments, reminder calls regarding upcoming intake appointments, and development of marketing/recruitment strategies and materials. The Outreach Specialist will also be expected to participate in regular program meetings, supervision, and other trainings (e.g., domestic violence, child maltreatment, etc.). They will also be expected to follow all policies for the agency and the Empowering Families Program, including federal grant guidelines.
At The Parenting Center, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit, we provide services to meet the needs of children and parents alike. The Parenting Center was started in 1975 after the Junior League of Fort Worth formed the Tarrant County Child Abuse Task Force in response to the growing problem of child abuse and neglect in our community. We believe stronger families mean a stronger community.
Experience: One year of experience recruiting families for similar organizations; previous experience with diverse and low-income populations, and extensive knowledge of the community preferred. Familiarity with social services preferred.
Requirements: High school diploma; preferred Bachelors in Marketing, Communications or Public Relations.
Partial List of Skills and Qualifications:
- Knowledge or experience in recruitment of couples or families preferred
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent public speaking abilities
- Ability to work under pressure and with deadlines
- Ability to organize work and prioritize duties
- Bilingual English/Spanish preferred
- Ability to maintain a positive relationship with program staff and community
- Must have own transportation, a valid Texas driver’s license, and auto liability insurance
- Computer skills in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality regarding client and agency business
- Must be able to pass a background check
Hours: Full-time with the ability to work evenings and weekends
Please submit resumes to Stephanie Warren at email@example.com. Include cover letter, salary requirements and specify the position for which you are applying.