Program: Empowering Families Project
Every family faces challenges. From bills to communication skills, to raising healthy, thriving children we all need help to make our families stronger. If your passion is helping couples thrive, consider joining the Empowering Families Project, a dynamic, federally-funded healthy marriage program and research project. In this position, you will teach marriage and relationship classes using research-based curricula. Must be able to provide high-quality workshops with fidelity to the curriculum either online or in-person. Participate in program meetings and other trainings and assist with recruitment as needed. Follow all policies for the agency and for the Empowering Families Project, including federal grant guidelines.
Mission: To provide family members and professionals with the tools, resources and services to build successful families. Our Vision: To be a catalyst for positive parenting and to END child abuse.
Requirements: Two years experience providing marriage/relationship education. Preferred experience following curricula: Family Wellness, PREP. Program will train in necessary curricula.
Partial List of Qualifications/Skills:
- Knowledge or experience in teaching and class/workshop facilitation skills appropriate for adult learners.
- Must have good written and oral communication skills and public speaking abilities.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and with deadlines.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize.
- Experience working with individuals from diverse backgrounds and knowledge of cultural competency.
- Ability to maintain a positive relationship with program staff and community.
- Computer skills in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality regarding client and agency business.
- Must be able to pass a background check.
Salary: $150 per 3-hour class taught (plus set-up and tear-down before/after class), in a series of 8 weekly sessions ($1200 per series). If online: $75 per 1.5-hour class taught (plus online setup/debrief time), in a series of 16 sessions.
Please submit resumes to Stephanie Warren at email@example.com. Include cover letter, salary requirements and specify the position for which you are applying.