Program: Home Visiting Program using TBRI
Summary: The Home Visiting Parent Coach will provide weekly home visiting services, utilizing Trust-Based Relational Intervention (TBRI) modality to teach parents how to create healthy parent-child interactions and create lasting healing for kids from hard places. The target families for this project will have at least one child between the ages of three and sixteen years of age. The position also requires the administration and data management of pre and post surveys, satisfaction surveys and case notes. The excitement of working as a Home Visiting Parent Coach also entails occasional other duties as needed by the Program Director.
Requirements: Bachelor’s degree in Human Services Field or similar required.; certification and/or licensure of LMFT-Associate, LPC-Intern, LMFT, LPC preferred.
- Experience with children and culturally diverse families
- Experience in a home visitation program
- Minimum of 2 years direct experience in a human services field, such as counseling, sociology, psychology, family life education or related
Partial List of Skills and Qualifications:
- Knowledge of child development, parenting and child abuse
- Non-judgmental, and able to learn new techniques for working with families
- Available to families after regular business hours
- Understanding of psychoeducational interventions
- Able to enjoy long-term projects without the need for immediate results or feedback
- Able to establish personal and programmatic boundaries
- Able to relate to individuals with diverse value systems and behavioral norms
- Believes in and is able to advocate nurturing, non-violent discipline of children
- Ability to organize work and prioritize duties
- Knowledge of normal child growth and development and parent-child relationships
- Must have own reliable transportation, liability insurance, and a valid Texas driver’s license
- Able to travel throughout Tarrant County and work independently as needed
- Able to travel to state mandated trainings and conferences
- Must have cell phone with texting capabilities
- Must be knowledgeable in Apple products (iPad/iPhone)
- Must be knowledgeable in Word, PowerPoint and Excel
Hours: Full-time with ability to work evenings and weekends as needed. Schedule will be flexible to meet the needs of clients. Minimum of 40 hours per week.
Please submit resumes to Bliss Coulter at firstname.lastname@example.org. Include cover letter, salary requirements and specify the position for which you are applying.