Position: Family Life Educator (full time, 40-45 hours a week)
Summary: To encourage, motivate and provide information to parents and caregivers in order to enhance positive parenting skills. To help parents identify and reduce behavior which might lead to child abuse. Participate in program meetings and other trainings and assist with recruitment as needed. Follow all policies for the agency, including federal grant guidelines.
Requirements: BA/BA in the human service field
Experience: 1 -3 years of experience in public speaking, teaching, parenting education, and/or curriculum development, experience in Nurturing Parenting Curricula preferred (not required), bilingual in English and Spanish.
Partial List of Qualifications/Skills:
- Knowledge or experience in teaching and class/workshop facilitation skills
- Knowledge of child development and child abuse
- Must have good written and oral communication skills and public speaking abilities
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work under pressure and with deadlines
- Ability to organize work and prioritize duties
- Maintain accurate documentation
- Computer skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Experience working with individuals from diverse backgrounds and knowledge of cultural competency
- Ability to maintain a positive relationship between program staff, clients, and community
Hours: Full-time (40-45 hours per week). Position requires some evenings per week and occasional weekend. Flexibility required in order meeting the needs of the clients. Some travel throughout Tarrant County and surrounding counties will be required (compensation will be provided for travel).
Please include cover letter, salary requirements, and specify the position for which you are applying. Resume should include list of Parent Education/Family Education curricula for which you have been trained to teach.
Please submit resumes to Jessica Seidel at email@example.com.