The Parenting Center is seeking a dynamic, experienced trailblazer to play a leading role as Executive Director. The Executive Director will serve as the key member of The Parenting Center’s leadership team. The Executive Director is responsible for all operations of this multi-million-dollar agency, including budgeting, fundraising, development, programming, supervision, casting vision, and Board engagement. The ideal candidate for this position will have a natural passion for building successful families and ending child abuse. The best candidates will be able to develop and enact a strategic vision to advance the support of The Parenting Center in the community.
At The Parenting Center, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit, we provide services to meet the needs of children and parents alike. The Parenting Center was started in 1975. The Parenting Center believes in evidence-based practices and believes the best practices sit on a foundation that is strength-based, trauma-informed, and ACES aware.
Our Mission: To provide family members and professionals with the tools, resources and services to build successful families. Our Vision: To be a catalyst for positive parenting and to END child abuse.
Requirements: The best applicants will hold a degree in business or human services. They will also have at least five years of progressively responsible positions within the social services field, including supervisory and administrative responsibilities.
Partial List of Skills and Qualifications:
- Oversees all aspects of the agency’s activities to ensure financial stability and the delivery of excellent effective program services.
- Develops and maintains a sound business plan of the agency and provides for management development to ensure the continuing effectiveness of the agency.
- Provides leadership to develop, monitor, and execute programs in such a manner as to ensure maximum benefits to clients and the community. On an ongoing basis, analyzes operating results through rigorous program evaluations. Takes appropriate corrective steps when necessary.
- Oversees the development and implementation of the agency’s strategic plan.
- Ensures that a clear and accurate annual budget is developed and monitors the status of the budget on a regular basis.
- Recruits, develops, and motivates a competent staff and volunteer base.
- Empowers key management staff members by building effective working relationships.
- Ensures implementation and adherence to policies and procedures and ensures compliance with the codes of ethics of professionals employed by the agency.
- Represents the agency as appropriate in its relationship with clients, vendors, funding sources, and other agencies and organizations.
- Provides accurate and timely information to the Board of Directors and Board Committees on all aspects of the agency’s operations and financial position, including changing community needs and modifications of agency services.
- Identifies and develops funding sources such as contracts from governmental and nongovernmental agencies and grants and gifts from foundations and individual donors.
- Strategizes with the Board to identify new ways of providing additional funds for agency services, especially for new and expanding programs.
Hours: Full-time with ability to work evenings and weekends. Saturdays frequently, but not always, required.
Submit Resume to:
Please include a cover letter, specify the position for which you are applying and salary requirements.
The Parenting Center
2928 W. 5th Street
Fort Worth, TX 76107