Job Title: Director of Development
The Parenting Center is seeking a dynamic, experienced trailblazer to play a leading role as Director of Development. The Director of Development will serve as a key member of The Parenting Center’s leadership team. The Director of Development is responsible for all fund-raising, development activities, and special events. The Director will cultivate existing relationships and forge new relationships to build the Center’s philanthropic support. The ideal candidate for this position will have a natural passion for building successful families and ending child abuse. The best candidates will be able to develop and enact a strategic vision to advance the support of The Parenting Center in the community.
At The Parenting Center, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit, we provide services to meet the needs of children and parents alike. The Parenting Center was started in 1975 after the Junior League of Fort Worth formed the Tarrant County Child Abuse Task Force in response to the growing problem of child abuse and neglect in our community. This group surveyed local social service agencies and determined there was a great need for preventive services for parents and caregivers. This position serves as one of the leaders of the agency and sits on the management team. We believe stronger families means a stronger community.
Our Mission: To provide family members and professionals with the tools, resources and services to build successful families.
Partial List of Qualifications/Skills:
• Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 6 years related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Ability to “sell the mission” to potential donors and sponsors, individual, corporate, and foundations
• Strong leadership skills including experience managing a team
• Outstanding planning and organization skills
• Outstanding interpersonal skills; ability to cultivate effective relationships
• Research and write grant proposals to local foundations that support program needs
• Research and cultivate funding relationships with individuals, local businesses and civic organizations
• Responsible to the successful attainment of agency fundraising goals
• Systematically and effectively strengthen the organization’s overall fundraising capacity
• Strong initiative and decision making ability and able to develop and foster a team environment
• Marketing and PR knowledge
• Ability to work under pressure and with deadlines
• Maintain accurate documentation
• Experience working with individuals from diverse backgrounds and knowledge of cultural competency
• Must be able to pass a background check and maintain confidentiality regarding clients and agency business
• Computer skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint. Adobe Suite experience strongly preferred
Hours: Full-time with ability to work some evenings and weekends for events.
Please include a cover letter. Specify the position for which you are applying and salary requirements.
Submit resume to: Paul Gravley, Executive Director
The Parenting Center
2928 West Fifth St.
Fort Worth, Texas 76107
email@example.com or Fax 817-332-6489