TPC is seeking a dynamic, experienced trailblazer to play a leading role as Director of Development. The Director of Development will serve as a key member of TPC’s leadership team. The Director of Development is responsible for all fundraising, development activities and special events. The Director will cultivate existing relationships and forge new relationships to build the Center’s philanthropic support. The ideal candidate for this position will have a natural passion for building successful families and ending child abuse. The best candidates will be able to develop and enact a strategic vision to advance the support of TPC in the community. This position serves as one of the leaders of the agency and sits on the management team.
Requirements: Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 6 years related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to “sell the mission” to potential donors and sponsors, individual, corporate and foundations
- Strong leadership skills, including experience managing a team
- Ability to cultivate effective and long-lasting relationships
Partial List of Skills and Qualifications:
- Research and write grant proposals to local foundations that support program needs
- Research and cultivate funding relationships with individuals, local businesses and civic organizations
- Responsible to the successful attainment of agency fundraising goals
- Systematically and effectively strengthen the organization’s overall fundraising capacity
- Strong initiative and decision making ability and able to develop and foster a team environment
- Marketing and PR knowledge
- Ability to work under pressure and with deadlines
- Experience working with individuals from diverse backgrounds and knowledge of cultural competency
- Must be able to pass a background check and maintain confidentiality regarding clients and agency business
- Computer skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint. Adobe Suite experience strongly preferred
Work Environment: Full time position with ability to work some evenings and weekends for events.
Please submit resumes to Paul Gravley at firstname.lastname@example.org. Include cover letter, salary requirements and specify the position for which you are applying.