Job Title: Bilingual Home Visiting Parent Educator (Full-time)
Program: Home Visiting, Education, and Leadership Program (HEAL)
Requirements: Bachelor degree (preferred) in human service field such as counseling, sociology, psychology, social work or related; Bi-Lingual-Spanish/English Required.
Experience: Experience with children and culturally diverse families, along with experience in a home visitation program. Minimum of 2 years direct experience in a human services field. Years experience can be substituted for degree.
MUST BE AVAILABLE for out of town training (TBD)
Job Summary: The Bilingual Home Visiting Parent Educator will carry a heavy caseload that provides weekly home visiting services, utilizing the SafeCare curriculum, to teach parents about creating a safe home environment, providing appropriate health care and how to create healthy parent-child interactions. The target families for this project will have at least one child between the ages of birth and five years of age. The position also requires the administration and data management of pre and post protective factor surveys, along with satisfaction surveys. Participate in program meetings and other trainings. Follow all policies for the agency and for the program, including state grant guidelines.
Partial List of Qualifications/Skills:
- Proficient oral and written skills in English and Spanish.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and with deadlines.
- Ability to organize work and prioritize duties.
- Maintain accurate documentation
- Computer skills in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Experience working with individuals from diverse backgrounds and knowledge of cultural competency.
- Knowledge of normal child growth and development and parent-child relationships.
- Must have own reliable transportation, liability insurance, and a valid Texas driver’s license.
- Able to travel throughout Tarrant County
- Ability to maintain a positive relationship between program staff, clients, community.
Hours: Full-time with ability to work 2 to 3 evenings a week and occasional weekend time. Schedule will need to be flexible to meet the needs of the clients. A minimum of 40 hours a week.
Please include cover letter, salary requirements, and specify the position for which you are applying.
Submit Resume to:
Bliss Coulter, Program Director
The Parenting Center
2928 West 5th St.
Fort Worth, Texas 76107
BCoulter@theparentingcenter.org or Fax 817-332-6489