Job Title: Bilingual Family Support Specialist
Program: Empowering Families Project (EFP)
Requirements: BA/BS degree required in human service field. Bilingual English/Spanish required.
Experience: One year experience in case management working with individuals from diverse backgrounds (including low-income populations).
Every family faces challenges. From bills to communication skills, to raising healthy, resilient children, we all need help to make our families stronger. If your passion is helping families thrive, consider joining the Empowering Families Project, a dynamic, healthy marriage program and research project.
Job Summary: Under the direct supervision of the Lead Family Support Specialist, the Family Support Specialist will be responsible for all case management services. This includes (but is not limited to): developing individualized case management plans, identifying and reducing client barriers, continual follow-up with clients to ensure client participation in program services, providing referrals to other agencies within the community, and documenting service contacts. Family Support Specialists will also assist in the enrollment and assessment of potential participants. They will respond to potential participant inquiries, establish participant eligibility, coordinate and complete enrollment paperwork, and conduct intake assessments with clients. They will also assist with recruitment and retention efforts as needed. Family Support Specialists will also be expected to participate in regular program meetings, supervision, and other trainings (e.g., domestic violence, child maltreatment, etc.). They will also be expected to follow all policies for the agency and the Empowering Families Program, including federal grant guidelines.
At The Parenting Center, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit, we provide services to meet the needs of children and parents alike. The Parenting Center was started in 1975 after the Junior League of Fort Worth formed the Tarrant County Child Abuse Task Force in response to the growing problem of child abuse and neglect in our community.
We believe stronger families mean a stronger community.
Our Mission: To provide family members and professionals with the tools, resources and services to build successful families.
Our Vision: To be a catalyst for positive parenting and to END child abuse.
Partial List of Qualifications/Skills:
- Knowledge or experience in social services and marriage and/or parent education.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and with deadlines.
- Ability to organize work and prioritize duties.
- Experience working with individuals from diverse backgrounds and knowledge of cultural competency.
- Ability to maintain a positive relationship with program staff and community.
- Must have own transportation, a valid Texas driver’s license, and auto liability insurance.
- Computer skills in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality regarding client and agency business.
- Must be able to pass a background check.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, as needed, including some nights and weekends.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) required.
Hours: Full-time with ability to work some evenings and weekends.
Please include a cover letter. Specify the position for which you are applying and salary requirements.
Submit resume to: Natalie Galata, Empowering Families Project Lead Family Support Specialist
The Parenting Center
2928 W. 5th Street
Fort Worth, TX 76107
firstname.lastname@example.org or Fax 817-332-6489