Department: Development and Marketing
Summary: The Assistant Director of Development and Marketing has a critical role in advancing the fund development, marketing and communication activities of The Parenting Center. In this role, the selected candidate will support the Director of Development and Marketing in achieving identified fundraising goals, while also helping the agency to foster positive relationships through strategic marketing, communication, and public relations activities.
Requirements: Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in business administration, marketing, public relations, non-profit management. General proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, etc.) is preferred.
Experience: Minimum of two years related experience in non-profit fundraising, marketing, public relations or special events.
Responsibilities and Duties:
Fundraising – Assist the Director of Development and Marketing with all aspects of fundraising:
- Collaborate with Director of Development and Marketing to cultivate, solicit, and steward donors to meet annual fundraising goals
- Co-lead the planning, implementation and successful execution of annual events
- Co-lead event planning committees for annual and other fundraising events
- Manage the agency’s gift processing, receipting and acknowledgement process; manage donor database
- Work closely with Director of Development and Marketing to ensure the integrity of donor data and gift substantiation
- Assist in the creation of impactful and meaningful content for annual appeals and campaigns that promote the agency’s funding needs
- Manage annual special appeals including North Texas Giving Day and Giving Tuesday
Communications/ Public Relations – Promote all aspects of the agency through various forms of communication and media
- Work closely with Director of Development and Marketing to create communication for high-priority, agency-wide initiatives and programs
- Create and implement a public relations campaign to enhance the brand and community knowledge of the agency
- Serves as primary contact for media inquiries; acts as agency spokesperson when appropriate
- Create and distribute monthly e-newsletter
- Develop and maintain contacts and relationships with local media
- Prepare and distribute agency press releases as needed
- Develops, oversees and collaborates with Director of Development and Marketing to strategically market agency services and offerings
- Create and update original agency content and collateral to ensure alignment with brand standards
- Work closely with program directors to design collateral for specific agency programs
- Collaborates with Director of Development and Marketing to develop consistent and strategic brand messaging
- Manages the creation and coordination of major print and digital marketing materials – including but not limited to the annual report, brochures, quarterly service guide, and program one-pagers
- Develop and implement integrated agency marketing strategy
- Manage agency website, social media, and other digital media
Work Hours: Full-time, Monday – Friday. Hours may vary occasionally to include evenings or weekend time.
Salary: Low to High-40s
Please submit resume and cover letter to Brandon Nelson at firstname.lastname@example.org.