The Parenting Center has a history of providing effective services and taking the initiative to begin novel programs that will strengthen struggling families and improve children’s lives. The following accomplishments epitomize the agency’s excellence in the field of parenting and family life education.
- Received the “Father Engagement Certificate” from National Fatherhood Initiative.
- The Parenting Center’s Clinical Director, Bessie Ann Christenson, MA, LPC, was named a Mom-Approved Therapist in 2014 by FortWorthChild magazine.
- The Parenting Center was awarded a four year Home Visiting Education and Leadership grant in June, 2014, from the Texas Department of Health and Human Services Commission (HHSC), on behalf of the Texas Department of Family and Protective Services (DFPS).
- The Parenting Center partnered with Babies”R”Us® to offer free parenting classes at the Babies”R”Us® Fort Worth location.
- The Parenting Center launched Babies Let’s Read, a program that focuses on early childhood learning.
- The Parenting Center therapist, Tracey Williams, MA, LPC, was named a Mom-Approved Therapist in 2013 by FortWorthChild magazine.
- Jennifer Acker and Barbara Lamsens presented at the National Association for Relationship and Marriage Education (NARME) Conference along with Michelle Morgan from One Safe Place on the topic of “United Together Against Domestic Violence: Healthy Marriage/Relationship Education Programs and Family Justice Centers” in August 2013.
- The Red Tricycle awarded The Parenting Center the 2013 Most Awesome Parent Education Programs Award. Click here to read more!
- Jennifer Acker presented the impact of the Twogether in Texas program at the 2012 National Association of Relationship and Marriage Education Conference in Baltimore, MD as an effective program model.
- Melissa Shamburger and Jennifer Acker presented Efficacy of Marriage Education Classes at the Texas Council on Family Relations Conference in San Antonio (2012).